Tuesday 4 May 2010

Body modification

As I sit here typing I currently have no body modification. I've always meant to get round to a tattoo, but never have, and while I do have piercings, none of them are currently in. But, it will be known, many people consider these such things to be 'being bad', mostly as they are perceived to be unhealthy. For sure, they can be, if for example unclear needles are used. But, assuming that a tattoo or piercing has been conducted properly, and that no infection arises as a result of it, I ask, whom do people with these modification harms with them? Of course, many people consider them unpleasant to look at, but this is such a weak arguments it does not deserve any commentary. These items in a way tend to become accompanied with the image of a rebel - a biker covered in tattoo, or the 'emo' kids of nowadays - which may or may not themselves be good or bad, but one must recall that body modifications do not cause such natures. Rather, despite me racking my brains, I cannot see any rational argument against these things, and thus that they are acts of 'being bad'. For as with so many social trends, after all, who do they hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment