Sunday 2 May 2010

Homosexuality

Ah yes, that constant in the world of ethics, and sadly politics. I have to point out, here, though, that I post this blog in relation to being bad only for how other people see it. And not myself. This topic does hold resonance to me, not as I am gay, but I am well aware of the horrific actions that ave - and to this day - befall people for such a trivial matter. But anyway, enough sentiment. Why is it, exactly, that some people consider homosexuality, or anything other than heterosexuality I should say, 'being bad'? Yes, of course, most base this belief upon religious beliefs, by why is it that these beliefs themself postulate that it is bad... apart from the theology and so on? The most natural argument I've come across, is, literally one based on nature. They say, of course, that such actions are not natural. I do always love to point out that so too are the clothes they were, but I digress. There really isn't time here to systematically refute such arguments, except that to point out that as with frequent sex, prostitution and so on... none heterosexual sex doesn't harm anyone. It may be observed that this is an undercurrent measurement my thought employs. That that which does not harm anyone is not bad, or at least it meets one requirement to 'not be bad', as it were. But given that this act is one with consent, or I speak of such acts that are with consent, between adults of sound mind... how can this be 'being bad' anymore than one putting on clothes? I digress, I know very well the arguments that can be use against this, but frankly after objective consideration, none of them carry any credence at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment